10 Reasons to Register for SXSW 2019
Badge sales for SXSW 2019 begin on Wednesday morning, August 1. Buy early to purchase your registration at the lowest rates and to choose from the most downtown lodging options. As for why a SXSW badge is the best way to allocate your 2019 conference budget, check out these ten top reasons:
- 25 Tracks of Content. SXSW Conference programming covers everything from “Brands & Marketing” to “Entertainment Influencers” to “Food” to “Health & MedTech” ”to “Social & Global Impact” — with this content delivered in a variety of compelling formats. Of the 25 total tracks for 2019, we are particularly excited about “Blockchain & Cryptocurrency” and “Cannabusiness” (both of which occur within the March 14–16 timeframe).
- Convergence. The vibrant mix of global professionals from the tech industry, the film industry, the music industry and various other sectors is unique to SXSW. No other event brings together so many different kinds of people who are all so focused on creativity — and thereby offer so many opportunities for growth and advancement.
- Keynotes and Featured Speakers. From high-profile entrepreneurs to top-name musicians to world leaders to award-winning movie directors, some of the most compelling sessions at SXSW take place on the Keynote and Featured Speaker stage. One of the most popular sessions from SXSW 2018 was the conversation between Bozoma Saint John and Jo Ling Kent (as pictured above).
- Meet Ups. Find your current (or future) tribe at SXSW via our extensive selection of registrant-only Meet Ups. In 2018, this format included sessions such as “25 and Under Meet Up,” “Female Filmmaker Meet Up,” “Music Tech Meet Up,” “SEO Trends Meet Up” and hundreds more.
- So Many Chances to Network. In addition to the full menu of Meet Ups, March Magic in Austin offers a host of other avenues to network with established voices (as well as up-and-coming talent) who can help you discover the top new ideas of tomorrow today. The Featured Speaker Connection program that brings some of the event’s most prominent panelists to a more intimate audience has proven to be very popular with SXSW registrants.
- SXSW Trade Show. Located on the first floor of the Austin Convention Center, this four-day expo spaces is home to hundreds of forward-focused companies and organizations from across the United States and around the world.
- SXSW Pitch. Connect with some of the world’s most impressive founders in 10 different categories (ranging from “Artificial Intelligence” to “Transportation and Delivery”) at SXSW Pitch. If you are a startup, then be sure to apply to participate in this competition before the Thursday, November 15 entry deadline.
- SXSW Interactive Innovation Awards. Another great way to meet next-generator innovators with amazing new digital projects is via the SXSW Interactive Innovation Awards. If you want to be involved with this event, then be sure to apply to participate in this competition before the Thursday, October 4 entry deadline (early deadline is August 16).
- SXSW Film Festival. Badge-holders have access to the SXSW Film Festival, which celebrates raw innovation and emerging talent from both behind and in front of the camera.
- SXSW Music Festival. Badge-holders also have access to the SXSW Music Festival, which includes nearly 2000 bands of all styles and genres performing in about 100 of the city’s top venues.
Hugh Forrest serves as Chief Programming Officer at SXSW, the world’s most unique gathering of creative professionals. He also tries to write at least four paragraphs per day on Medium. These posts often cover tech-related trends; other times they focus on books, pop culture, sports and other current events.