19 Helpful Links for SXSW 2019!
The ode to creative people and creative thinking known as SXSW is upon us. 19 links that will help you better navigate all the sessions, all the networking and all the activities over the next two weeks are as follows.
- Visit this page to learn all about the new-and-improved SXXpress Pass, which allows badgeholders to request priority access to most events.
- International-related content rules in March in Austin. Most of this programming is tagged as such via the SXSW online schedule.
- Browse this extensive list of the diversity and inclusivity-focused content in Austin for the next 10 days, via our friends at Blended Media
- Attend SXSW Release It on Friday, March 8 to learn about some of the coolest products and services that are launching in March.
- Camp out at the Tech Industry & Enterprise track from March 8–12 at the Hilton Austin Downtown.
- The Health & MedTech track continues to boom. These sessions run March 8–12 and include a panel with Nobel Prize winner James Allison.
- For 2019, the SXSW Art Program runs March 8–16. So many cool tech-themed installations from all over the world!
- Free admission to the SXSW Comedy Festival (March 8–16) with your SXSW Film, Interactive, Music or Platinum badge.
- Catch 50 of the world’s top startups at SXSW Pitch, which runs March 9–10 at the Austin Convention Center.
- The SXSW Wellness Expo returns to the Palmer Events Center on March 9–10. No badge needed to attend.
- Sunday, March 10 is the new date for the SXSW Community Service Awards. No badge needed to attend this heart-warming ceremony.
- Visit the SXSW Trade Show on the first floor of the Austin Convention Center from Sunday, March 10 through Wednesday, March 13.
- The SXSW Interactive Innovation Awards move to Monday evening, March 11. Great networking, great digital projects and great ceremony!
- The Future of Transportation Series of Sessions can be found March 12–13 at the Hilton Austin Downtown.
- Attend the Series of Sessions focusing on Accessibility. These panels and presentations run March 13–14 at the JW Marriott.
- The new Cannabusiness track focuses on entrepreneurial activities in this fast-changing marketing. Sessions run March 14–16.
- Flatstock 69 is the best place for band posters. No badge needed to attend this event, which occurs March 14–16 at the Austin Convention Center.
- The SXSW Outdoor Stage is free and open to the public. Performances on the evenings of March 14, 15 and 16 at Lady Bird Lake.
- SXSW Gaming brings all kinds of fun to the Austin Convention Center from March 15–17. Free admission with your SXSW badge!
Or visit the online schedule to create your own list of cool content for March Magic — use the search bar at the top right corner to find the content you want to find. Make the most of SXSW 2019 by purchasing a badge.
Hugh Forrest serves as Chief Programming Officer at SXSW, the world’s most unique gathering of creative professionals. He also tries to write at least four paragraphs per day on Medium. These posts often cover tech-related trends; other times they focus on books, pop culture, sports and other current events.