8 Great Videos From SXSW 2018
You can view what you might have missed at March Magic 2018 by visiting the SXSW YouTube Channel. While this page is updated frequently, eight of the most intriguing videos currently available are as follow:
- Andrew Zimmern and Jose Andres. Watch these two award-winning chefs talk with Dana Cowin of DBC Creative about their approach to culinary activism via their “Changing the World Through Food” session on Monday, March 12.
- Elon Musk Answers Your Questions. Will there be a Mars rocket by 2019? It could happen says the SpaceX founder. View his fascinating 70-minute conversation with Westworld co-creator Jonathan Nolan that covered a variety of forward-thinking topics.
- Esther Perel. Named as “Speaker of the Event for SXSW 2018,” Perel (pictured above) used her keynote presentation on Friday, March 9 to communicate that 21st century relationships need new kinds of creative and innovative approaches to survive and prosper.
- Globally Connected. See a montage of some of the most interesting international speakers at this year’s event. “Globally Connected: We’re All In This Together” was named as “Trend of the Event for SXSW 2018” at the Interactive Innovation Awards on Tuesday, March 13.
- Melinda Gates and Stacy Brown-Philpot. The Sunday, March 11 keynote addressed improving female empowerment in the tech space. This discussion argued for more inclusion and more creativity — as well as for building the first workplace in history that truly works for everyone.
- Michael Barbaro and Rukmini Callimachi. Watch as two of the New York Times most impressive voices converse about the threat of ISIS, plus the innovative ways that the publication has used audio storytelling to reimagine its ever-changing approach to journalism.
- Sadiq Khan. The Mayor of London became the first ever British politician to keynote at SXSW. His moving presentation on Monday, March 12 called for more responsibility from the tech giants, as well as less social media from 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.
- Ta-Nehisi Coates and Jeffrey Goldberg. Watch the best-selling author and national correspondent for The Atlantic tackle a variety of topics, ranging from poverty to parenting. Coates’ keynote conversation occurred on Saturday, March 10.
You can still buy a badge for SXSW 2018 and experience all the creativity, discovery, and networking that is March Magic in Austin. Or, set your agenda for next spring by purchasing a badge now for SXSW 2019.
Hugh Forrest serves as Chief Programming Officer at SXSW, the world’s most unique gathering of creative professionals. He also tries to write at least four paragraphs per day on Medium. These posts often cover tech-related trends; other times they focus on books, pop culture, sports and other current events.