SXSW PanelPicker: Innovate!
The deadline for voting on SXSW 2020 session proposals is tomorrow, Friday, August 23 at midnight — don’t miss your chance! There are thousands of ideas represented at 2020 SXSW PanelPicker.
The ones highlighted below focus on a concept that lies at the heart of SXSW — innovation. We’ve gotten scores of proposals on how to create a culture of innovation at your organization, whether it’s a startup, a government agency, a nonprofit, or a library. Other proposals take a broader look at inclusivity, diversity, and equity in innovation culture. Some look at the innovation potential of technologies such as blockchain or AI. And some explore innovation in specific fields such as mental health, sports, or even pets. Take a look, find your favorites, and don’t forget to vote!
- Blockchain for Innovation Discovery
- Pets Need Innovation Too
- Innovate or Die. STFU & Give me Something I can Use
- Inside Out: How Culture Drives Innovation
- Society 5.0 and the Next Wave of Innovation
- Innovation for Social Change
- Comfort with Discomfort: The Innovator’s Mindset
- The Women Who Innovate How We Innovate
- How a VC Model Helps Government Spin in Innovation
- Mind the Gap: Innovating for Inclusive Cities
- Innovating Healthcare Through Gamification
- Purposeful Innovation in the Age of Agile Learning
- How Libraries Empower Communities With Innovation
- Championing Diversity in Innovation Culture
- Sport as a Catalyst for Interactivity & Innovation
- Using Science Fiction to Inspire Innovation
- Approaching Mental Health Through Tech Innovation
- Enough with all the “Innovation”! It Isn’t Working
Sign in to your SXSW account (or create a new one) to vote and comment on the proposals that you think should be part of next year’s March Magic. Voting ends at 11:59 Pacific Time tomorrow, Friday, August 23.
Play with the “Search” button on the left side of the interface to find (and vote for) other thought-provoking trends and themes including Business, Robots & AI, Building Trust, Cannabusiness, Future Sex, Ocean of Plastic and Success.
About 10-20% of the proposals will be accepted as sessions for the March 2020 event. These sessions will be announced on the SXSW website in mid-October. Buy your badge now so you can be part of the massive learning, discovery, cross-industry networking and creativity that is South by Southwest.
Hugh Forrest serves as Chief Programming Officer at SXSW, the world’s most unique gathering of creative professionals. He also tries to write at least four paragraphs per day on Medium. These posts often cover tech-related trends; other times they focus on books, pop culture, sports and other current events.