Image for post
Image for post

SXSW PanelPicker Polls Close August 27

The Forrest Four-Cast: August 24, 2017

Your window of opportunity to vote for and comment on your favorite SXSW PanelPicker proposals is quickly coming to an end. This interface closes at 11:59 pm Pacific Time on Friday, August 25, so don’t delay in making your choices now now now.

This year’s PanelPicker contains more than 4000 proposals in the 24 different Tracks that make up SXSW 2018.

Find the ideas that you are most interested in and most passionate about by using the search button at the top left corner of the interface. Sifting and sorting by keywords produces lots of intriguing results. The large volume of diversity-related proposals received for 2018 is particularly exciting, as is the high number of proposals that focus on the global startup ecosystem. You can also search these 4000+ ideas according to the many different speaking formats at SXSW.

Public voting makes up 30% of the composite score that is given to each PanelPicker proposal. Also contributing to this composite score is input from the SXSW staff (30%) and Advisory Board feedback (40%). The ideas with the best composite scores are showcased in March.

About 70% of the content for the SXSW Conference comes from these PanelPicker entries. The other 30% of content is curated by staff.

Speaking of curated content, look for the next big announcement of Featured Speakers for March 2018 to be released via the SXSW website on Tuesday, August 29.

Previously revealed Keynotes and Featured Speakers for next spring in Austin include Barry Jenkins (Moonlight), Ester Perel (author), whurley (quantum computing expert), Bob Richards (Moon Express), Amy Webb (Future Today Institute), Bernard J Tyson (Kaiser Permanente), Cleo Wade (poet) and Ingrid Vanderveldt (Empowering a Billion Women by 2020).

Catch all this incredible content as well as the unparalleled, career-enhancing networking opportunities of SXSW by purchasing a badge before the early-bird discount price expires on Friday, September 8.

Hugh Forrest serves as Chief Programming Officer at SXSW, the world’s most unique gathering of creative professionals. He also tries to write at least four paragraphs per day on Medium. These posts often cover tech-related trends; other times they focus on books, pop culture, sports and other current events.

Written by

Celebrating creativity at SXSW. Also, reading reading reading, the Boston Red Sox, good food, exercise when possible and sleep sleep sleep.

Get the Medium app

A button that says 'Download on the App Store', and if clicked it will lead you to the iOS App store
A button that says 'Get it on, Google Play', and if clicked it will lead you to the Google Play store