SXSW PanelPicker: So Much Business
SXSW is creative, fun, weird, inspiring, innovative, refreshing, hard-to-explain, informative, unique, unforgettable, career-enhancing and absolutely not-to-be-missed. Above and beyond all these adjectives, SXSW is about improved 21st century approaches to business.
So it shouldn’t be surprising that 796 speaking proposals in the 2020 SXSW PanelPicker interface contain the word “business” in one form or another. Ten of our favorite, vote-worthy ideas from this extensive list include:
- Is Blockchain Blowing Its Business Opportunity?
- The Business of Buying and Selling Happiness
- Cybersecurity & Ransomware: How to Protect the Business
- A Guide to Relocating Your Business to Texas
- How to Make it in the New Music Business
- Mind Your Business: How Brands Should Use Our Data
- Power of Design Leadership to Transform Business
- Purpose Driven Business Models
- Top 6 Business Technology Trends to Watch for in 2021
- Women & Minority Businesses Grow With Cloudstart
Or maybe you’d rather look for other topics in the 2020 PanelPicker (like cannabis, trust, sex and success). Play with the “Search” button on the left side of the interface to find other thought-provoking trends and themes.
But don’t delay because the voting aspect of the PanelPicker process closes at the end of the day on Friday, August 23.
About 10–20% of the proposals will be accepted as sessions for the March 2020 event. These sessions will be announced on the SXSW website in mid-October. Buy your badge now so you can be part of the massive learning, discovery, cross-industry networking and creativity that is South by Southwest.
Hugh Forrest serves as Chief Programming Officer at SXSW, the world’s most unique gathering of creative professionals. He also tries to write at least four paragraphs per day on Medium. These posts often cover tech-related trends; other times they focus on books, pop culture, sports and other current events.