SXSW Themes: Transportation
The 22 different tracks at the 2020 SXSW Conference tackle the most relevant issues and concerns for the digital creatives of today and tomorrow. Innovation in the transportation and mobility space is one these topics that will dominate many of the conversations in March in Austin.
Ten currently confirmed panels and presentations focused on transportation and mobility innovation include:
- Designing Automotive Cockpits of the Future (March 19)
- Designing Streets That Save Lives (March 13)
- Do Self-Driving Cars Need Emotional Intelligence? (March 19)
- Eyes Off The Road! Universal’s Drive For In-Car VR (March 18)
- From A to B: Investing In Future Urban Mobility (March 16)
- How E-Scooters Will Reimagine Urban Life (March 18)
- Just Get Me There Safe: Making Mobility Inclusive (March 16)
- Mobility Data and the Digital City Future (March 16)
- Six Ways Micromobility Revolutionizes Design (March 16)
- Super Pumped: The Battle for Uber (Date TBA)
Also be sure to check out the “Smart Cities, Transportation & Logistics Technology” category within the SXSW Pitch competition. Startups in this category will be showcased on Saturday, March 14.
Click here to browse the complete schedule for the 2020 SXSW Conference. Use the search bar at the top right corner of the interface to locate the content that is most relevant to your personal goals.
Hugh Forrest serves as Chief Programming Officer at SXSW, the world’s most unique gathering of creative professionals. He also tries to write at least four paragraphs per day on Medium. These posts often cover tech-related trends; other times they focus on books, pop culture, sports and other current events.