Ten Great Videos from SXSW 2017, Vol 3
Even more outstanding video content from this year’s SXSW Conference has been released via YouTube. In addition to Volume 1 and Volume 2 of this series, here are another 10 full-length videos from March 2017 that are well worth your time:
- Dean Baquet. The Executive Editor of the nation’s most influential newspaper talks about journalism in the Age of Trump in “Covering POTUS: A Conversation with the Failing New York Times”
- Dieter Zetsche. Learn about the newest mapping technologies from the man who has served as Chairman of the Board of Directors of Daimler AG and Head of Mercedes-Benz Cars since 2006
- Gary Vaynerchuk. At this year’s event, Gary V let the audience direct the conversation. Hear how he answers their many questions about entrepreneurship and assorted other issues.
- Humans and Robots. This experimental panel session brought together real-life people and life-like robots for a preview of the social interactions of the tomorrow.
- Mark Cuban. The ever-opinionated businessman, Dallas Mavericks owner and Shark Tank star talks about whether government is disrupting disruption.
- Mary Lou Jepsen. At her new startup OpenWater, Jepsen is researching the intersection of “Telepathy Meets Medical Imaging.” Listen now to learn about the possibilities of her fascinating approach to the future.
- Padmasree Warrior. As US CEO for the next generation automotive company NIO, she is the woman who Fortune Magazine has dubbed as “Queen of the Electric Car Biz.” Hear her talk about “Uncovering Autonomy’s Blind Spot.”
- Parag Khanna. His talk at SXSW gives you just about everything that you need to know to make everything better: “How to Fix America and Stop Screwing Up the World.”
- Sean Rad and Sarah Kate Ellis. The Founder of Tinder and the President & CEO of GLAAD talk about how to make tomorrow’s social networks more inclusive to more kinds of people.
- Tim Ferriss and Cheryl Strayed. As pictured above, two best-selling authors (and popular podcast hosts) discuss their process for creativity and their solutions to various other problems.
If you want even more great content from March Magic 2017, then be sure to check out the hundreds of audio presentations that are now available on the SXSW SoundCloud channel. So much to listen to, so much to watch, and so much to discover!
Hugh Forrest tries to write four paragraphs per day on Medium. These posts generally cover technology-related trends. When not attempting to wordsmith or meditating, he serves as Chief Programming Officer at SXSW in Austin.